The SRA Technician must be able to trouble-shoot, analyze, repair, calibrate, modify, program, and install any form of plant instrumentation or electronic equipment as specified by the staff Engineer. He will be expected to perform these duties on electronic, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or hybrid plant systems. His duties are to be performed in the SRA whenever possible or on operating plant equipment only after Maintenance Supervision feels that normal maintenance procedures have proven to be inadequate.
The duties of the SRA Technician include but are not limited to:
- Calibration and maintenance of equipment of the SRA.
- Establishing, with the staff Engineer, a systematic calibration schedule for all plant instruments and to enforce this schedule.
- Communication of work activity and status to the assigned staff Engineer on a regular basis.
- Developing and conducting of technical training programs.
- Keeping accurate and orderly files of work performed as well as maintaining up-to-date schematics of all equipment under test.
- Establishing a spare parts list for plant instruments and electronic equipment.
- Actively and continually evaluating process machine operations to identify and implement process improvement projects.
- Performing any other duties as specified by the staff Engineer.
It will also be the function of the SRA Technician to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to repair, use, configure, and/or program the various Plant Process Control systems and equipment including - but limited to:
- Temperature - Thermocouple RTD, Thermistor, Infrared.
- Pressure - I/P (V/P) transducers, P/I (P/V) transducers, switches
- Weight Control Systems " Loadcells
- Speed control - AC drives, DC drives, Servo Drives
- Machine Control PLCs, PCs, robotic controllers, axis positioning, proprietary systems, PID loop controllers, modulating controls, CRT/LED operator interface units, SCADA systems.
- Position LVDTs, Encoders
- Annunciators, LED Displays, operator interface units.
- Other- Proprietary analog and digital circuit boards, ultrasonic sensors, X-ray units, barcode scanners/readers, vision systems, radiation precure units.
Maintain proficiency through the analysis of manufacturer''s literature, attending vendor''s supplied training, and normal OJT.