Responsibility: The ideal candidate shall be a qualified leather technician/artisan with hands-on-the-job work experience, from understanding sketches / designs to prototyping and production of luxury leather handbags
1. Maintain a library of patterns, leather samples and leather stock
2. Development of working drawings and patterns for leather handbags and other leather accessories such as wallets and belts.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with the designers
4. Understanding of quality control procedures
5. Precise sample cutting, estimating and documenting technical specifications
6. Ensure overall optimum use of leather / fabric
7. Hands-on experience in sewing & finishing processes for handbag production.
8. Hands-on experience in mock-up and prototype making.
9. Complete understanding of different types of leather, their uses and aid in their selection
10. Ability to produce samples from sketches / images / drawings
11. Critical input on functionality of designs
12. Knowledge of various leather goods manufacturing techniques such as forming, embossing, branding, etc.
Experience: 5+ years experience in the luxury handbag industry